Free Online Valuation
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram googleplus


Ashley Bennett

Tenants Fees

Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019

We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:

  1. the rent;
  2. a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
  3. a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
  4. default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
  5. reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
  6. payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
  7. payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
  8. payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.

All fees are shown inclusive of VAT (current rate of 20%)

Tenant Fee Schedule


New Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) signed on or after 01 June 2019

Holding Deposit (per tenancy) One week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).


Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year) Five weeks’ rent.

This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.


Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent of £50,000 or over per year) Six weeks’ rent.

This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.


Unpaid Rent Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.


Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s) Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).


Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variationTo cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.


Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request) £50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.


Early Termination (Tenant’s Request) Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.


Emergency Contact

If you have a Maintenance Emergency issue whilst our offices are closed, here’s what to do;

Please cover with wood, card, tape and black bags and call us the next working day. Remember never screw or glue into the window framework, damage to the frame will prevent a full repair and you will be charged for the frame which is considerably more expensive than just glass.
If you have suffered a burglary and theft of items from the property, you must report the incident to the Police. Please note, unless you have a crime number with the police and a person has been charged with causing the damage, you will be responsible for the repair as stated in your Tenancy Agreement. Each individual damage case is reviewed before a decision is made as to who is chargeable, Landlord or Tenant.

If you have a leak please turn your water off at the mains stopcock in the property or at the water meter usually situated in the path outside. Alternatively, you can sometimes isolate a specific appliance by turning off the isolation valve located on the pipework feeding the appliance if it’s visible. Mop up or contain any escaping water, then report the issue to the office the next working day.

If you are locked out without possession of your own keys, this is not a maintenance emergency and is not the landlord’s responsibility. If you would like to gain entry into the property, you will need to call out your own locksmith and pay them for this service. Alternatively, you will need to find alternative accommodation and wait for the next working day to collect the spare keys from our office if this is available. You will need to pay a £25 inc vat key deposit and this will be refunded to you upon return of those keys.

If you smell gas in your property or within the communal areas (if you are living in a block), DO NOT switch on anything electrical and NEVER use a naked flame. Immediately vacate the property, then; CALL NATIONAL GRID: 0800 111 999

If your Gas or Oil fired central heating/hot water stops working, please turn off the boiler and call us the next working day. DO NOT attempt to fix a boiler yourself!
In the meantime, please use or borrow any electric heating and/or electric sourced hot water.

First, please ask your neighbours to check if it is just your home affected by loss of power. If other neighbouring dwellings are affected, then there is a problem with your main supply and there is nothing we can do. In this instance you will have to wait for local repairs to be finished by the electricity supplier. Telephone your electricity supplier for updates on the progress of works. If it is just your home that is affected, then please check your fusebox / RCD board for any blown fuses or tripped switches. Replace any blown fuse wires (older systems) or reset and tripped switches. Sometimes it can just be a blown bulb which has caused the RCD to trip. Power should then be restored, but if not, then please call us the next working day.
DO NOT use a naked flame for light, we suggest you use Torches to avoid any risk of fire.

Thinking of selling or letting your property?

Book a free valuation today!